Aloe vera has long been revered for its healing properties with the Egyptian people calling it the “plant of immortality” as far back as 6,000 years ago. From health elixirs to beauty aids here are 30 ways to use aloe vera.
The natural gel within the luscious leaves of the aloe vera plant has demonstrated powerful healing, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. There are at least six natural antiseptic compounds in aloe vera gel which gives it the ability to kill mold, fungus, bacteria and viruses (i). Researchers are also looking in the plant’s healing potential with regards to cancer and even AIDS. It has been shown to boost the immune system’s response to antigens (foreign elements in the body) which has shown promise in treating cancer.
It has a wide range of benefits when used to regenerate
Aloe vera gel and healthy human skin actually share the
It is easy to grow your own aloe vera, climate
Gel can be
used directly from squeezing the plant but here is a simple recipe to
make aloe vera gel which has the advantage that it can be made, bottled
and used when you wish.
Here Are 30 Ways To Use Aloe Vera
1. Take the sting or itch out of insect bites
2. Treat minor burns from mishaps in the kitchen. For larger burns mix with some vitamin E oil.
3. Treatment of Athlete’s Foot
4. Prevent scarring and stretch marks.
5. Soothe Psoriasis
6. General moisturizer for dry skin.
7. Use to treat acne outbreaks
8. Help eliminate Eczema
9. Sooth sunburn as it contains cooling properties like menthol
10. Relieve and help heal blisters
11. Brighten the complexion – decrease pigmentation and dark spots
12. Help reverse wrinkles and signs of aging
13. Use as hair conditioner for silkier, smoother hair
14. Treat dandruff by mixing aloe vera juice with coconut milk and wheat germ oil. Massage into scalp and rinse
15. Help hair grow faster by massaging aloe into the scalp, letting it sit for 30 minutes, and rinsing
16. Help treat and soothe allergic skin reactions
17. Reduce the appearance of bruises
18. Remove dry skin on feet by mixing together four tablespoons of aloe vera gel, half cup of oatmeal, half cup of corn meal and half cup of unscented body lotion for an exfoliating foot mask.
19. Make an exfoliating organic sugar all over body scrub by mixing together two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoons of organic brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of organic lemon juice.
20. For very rough skin patches mix one cup of aloe vera gel, one cup of organic coconut oil, two teaspoons of local organic honey and two cups of sea salt.
21. Boil some leaves in a pan of water and breathe in the vapor to ease symptoms of asthma.
22. Indigestion can be relieved by drinking aloe vera juice as it soothes inflammation in the stomach. Simply drink one-quarter cup of aloe vera juice about 20 minutes before eating a meal.
23. It can be used as a natural laxative due to its content of mucilage, a soluble fiber that flows through the digestive tract easily and cleanses it of any accumulated waste as it moves through our intestines.
24. Can help reduce inflammation of arthritis and rheumatism pain when taken orally
25. Drinking the juice can naturally lower blood sugar levels
26. Drinking aloe vera juice can reduce cholesterol and triglycerides for a healthy heart
27. Drinking this juice can reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome including bloating and discomfort
28. Treat gum disease by just gently rubbing into your gums two or three times a day
29. Drink to help ease congestion, stomach ulcers, colitis, hemorrhoids and urinary tract infections
30. Sip juice to reduce inflammation of eye and ear infections